Tuesday, March 2, 2010

Month to Month Coraline Algae Documentation

While I haven't always been the best at keeping corals. I am sweet at getting my rock to be purple. The trick is simple. Use Calcium. Use Calcium. Use Calcium. If you have hair algae. USE Calcium. Corals are made of Calcium. Use it. I first learned this when I started dosing a tank with Kalkawasser that had horrible hair algae. It cleared up in about a month or two.

But the Proof is in the pudding.

I added 75 pounds of live rock that was ugly with no coraline algae on it at all.

Here is a video taken February 1st.




Here is a video I took on March 2nd. (Pause both videos at 20 seconds to see a clear difference on the piece laying horizontally.)



I use Seachem's reef calcium 10ml about everyday or so. Every two weeks I do about a 16 gallon water change.

No comments:

Post a Comment