Saturday, February 13, 2010

Battling Ich in the 220....

The loaded nutrient bed under my gravel has probably fouled up my water. I only run two whisper number three filters on the back.

Last weekend I went snowboarding and didn't do my weekly 1/2 or 50% water change. I didn't have any good surface agitation. My Rainbows are hating it. (Surprise Surprise, they come from fast moving clean streams and are suffering in the stagnant cespool.)

I think I can battle it though.

I am raising the temperature slightly up from 68 to like 73.

As I type this, I am refilling it up from about 60%. I have the lights off for less stress.


We are shooting for a temperature around 76-78. The fish are swimming closer to the warm water so they must like it...

When I refill i will have to add slightly more ich guard. I'll keep you posted.
--just added 30 more drops of Quick Ich. That stuff was a pain to put in there.

This video was taken that next morning. I did another %50 and added more Ich medicine.



Hopefully the cure is coming soon

MONDAY NIGHT 2-15

I am convinced that the %50 water changes are doing me the most good. I am still using Ick medicine, but the better water quality is helping the most. I wonder why the females are getting it worse?



Thursday Night.

The Ick lost.

I did four days straight of 50% water changes and then left it alone for one day after a buddy told me I was probably not letting the medicine work. I am happy to say that the Ick is gone. It should be mentioned that I feel they loved the great water quality which helped strengthen them while I was dosing the tank.

No comments:

Post a Comment