Friday, April 16, 2010

The Goldfish are in the Pond.

Yesterday was April 15th and I added all of my goldfish into my above ground pond yesterday. Boy does that feel great... The pond now consists of....

One Red and White Ryukin about 6 inches
One Whitish Calico fantail
one longer dark red calico fantain
5 babies from the fish above. Probably the two callicos
4 of the babies are mainly gold calico
1 is all black.

These fish were all in my 29 gallon at work since December. So about 4 months of the year... Here's the best part. The few goldfish I left in the pond over the winter were bigger!

Gold fish wintering in Kentucky is a great testament to their hardiness, another reason to love them.

I also added 3 hand selected fancy goldfish (ok, so I always hand select, but these ones are sweet) that I have been keeping in my 125 with two angels,6 diamond tetras and 3 cory cats.

The goldfish in the 125 were doing a great job of eating the Algae I have.

Well they are all together now and are patrolling all over the pond slowly grazing.

Life is good. Glad to have them outside again.

5 comments:

  1. HI Dustin, We are trying find a home for an 8 inch gold fish. Our daughter received as a 23 cent tiny gold fish 5 years ago. Many tanks later he is now in a 40 gallon tank. We are having to move suddenly and can't take him with us this time due to his size. We will be in temporary housing and you can't take a 40 gallon tank into a hotel.

    Would you be interested in taking him. If you are email me at Rubino704@aol.com. My name is Paul Rubino and we live in London KY. We will bring him to you if you can give him a good home.

    Thanks, Paul

    ReplyDelete
  2. yo dustin I decided to follow your blog some serious hate going here you beat me to it I had the urge to get fancy gold fish and now you have some lol o well next year when I get eh pond going its butterfly koi time.

    I have a question how much would you charge for some lily pads just shipped over standard air mail. the bulbs will make it no problem. so can I get a rate?

    ReplyDelete
  3. I like the goldfish in my pond. I have some koi fish in my backyard pond but now i will bring some golden fish to make it more attractive. Really nice blog!!

    Pond Supplies

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for sharing this with us. This is a really nice blog wit a lot of information.
    fish tanks

    ReplyDelete
  5. Best Online Shopping Website

    Looking for the best online shopping website in India? Umino Shopping offers a convenient destination to discover a wide range of quality products at competitive prices. From aquarium essentials and home décor to unique accessories, toys, lifestyle products and more, shoppers can explore different categories in one place. With easy online ordering, attractive deals, secure shopping and convenient delivery across India, Umino Shopping aims to make online shopping simple, reliable and enjoyable.
    #8/9, 1st & 2nd Floor,

    Bhavani Nagar, Near Retteri junction,

    Kolathur, Chennai - 600099

    Telephone: 7204455866 / 9962334443
    https://uminoshopping.com/

    ReplyDelete